Barcelona is a modern and fun city with a lot of things to do. Good climate, located next to the Mediterranean sea, magnificent cuisine (check the best restaurants in Barcelona) and above all… cheerful people and a special atmosphere in the streets that makes Barcelona to be unique.
In Barcelona Sailboats we love this city in which we have lived and enjoyed since we were children and we want to share with you what we believe are the best things to do in Barcelona, leaving aside the museums and the typical monuments:
Nº 8-Excursion to the top of the Carmel Bunkers
If you have not went out the night before and you are fresh, we recommend that you climb the Carmelo bunkers where you can enjoy a spectacular 360º panorama of Barcelona.The altitude is 260 meters above sea level and there is really no bunker but it was an anti-aircraft platform during the Spanish Civil War.
* How to get there: Google Maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/5M8LWk6q1LucxL5JA
Nº 7-Make a private boat ride along the coast of Barcelona
Without a doubt, this is an original and fun plan. Renting a sailboat for a few hours with skipper to sail along the coast of Barcelona in private with your friends or family is amazing.
You can enjoy the breeze and the sea, listen to your favorite music by connecting your mobile to the ship’s speakers, taste an aperitif (fuet, cheese, olives, chips, etc.) and drink a glass of cava, a beer or a soft drink. You can also bring additional food and drinks as there is a fridge on board.
All kind of boat trips are offered: romantic for couples, friends, birthdays, relax, business team building, family with children, fishing, etc.
The maximum capacity of the boats is 11 passengers and the prices are based on the duration of the trip (2, 3, 4 or 8 hours) and the number of passengers (from 1 to 11 people).
*Included: Boat renta, skipper, fuel, snacks and one drink per person.
Rent a boat in Barcelona. You will not rregret!!
And if you are more than 11 people you can Rent a catamaran in Barcelona:
Nº 6-Drink a cocktail with live music at the Milano Cocktail Bar:
It is probably where the best cocktails in Barcelona are made.
Bar Milano is located in the heart of Barcelona, two minutes from Plaza Catalunya, although the entrance is not very striking so below we show you a photo so you can find it easily (Address: Ronda de la Universitat, 35, 08007 Barcelona – Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/pRqjpYqdRsaZJGgX7)
You can have a great cocktail with live music (usually Rock, Blues or Jazz) every day of the year. In their website you can see the musical program: https://www.camparimilano.com/programacion-musical/
* Recommendation: Call in advance for a reservation as it is usually filled.
Nº 5-Eat a good paella:
If you know which restaurants to go to and especially to avoid the pre-cooked paellas offered by many downtown restaurants (especially in the ramblas and surroundings), in Barcelona you can enjoy very good paellas.
Our first recommendation is the restaurant “La Barraca” (passeig de la Barceloneta, 1, 08003 Barcelona). It is on the seafront overlooking the beach.
They have many types of rice (paella, black rice, fish and meat rice, etc), all of them very good. Price approx. € 30 / person
* Tip: Call and book a table on the first floor (is where there are good sea views).
Our second recommendation is to eat a paella in the restaurant: “La Barca del Salamanca”. There is one on the Paseo de la Barceloneta and another on the Port Olímpic.
* Tip: If you want to eat a good menu with the best quality / price ratio (during the week) for just 12€, go to “la barca del Salamanca” at Port Olímpic. We assure you that you will not go hungry and there are many dishes to choose from: Calamares, pescadito, chipirones, paella, fideuá, etc. In addition to the dessert, they always give you a Santiago cake and a digestive shot to finish the meal.
Nº 4-Go out for Tapas:
In Barcelona you can enjoy a lot of tapas if you know what bars to go to. We will tell you our favorite bars to go for tapas, which are undoubtedly in the most suitable neighborhoods for it: El Born and la Barceloneta (especially the last one).
- By the Born:
-El Xampanyet: It’s on carrer Montcada near the Santa Maria del Mar Church, it’s always crowded so be prepared for the bustle but it’s worth it.
* Tip: accompany the tapas with a glass of xampanyet (sparkling wine)
-Bar Celta Pulpería: It is at the end of carrer Princesa (number 50). Magnificent Galician octopus, ham croquettes, potato omelette and Galician empanada.
- In Barceloneta:
- -Jai-ca: There are two Jai-ca bars so if one is full you can try the other one. Both are on carrer Ginebra. Undoubtedly the best are their fritters (artichokes, fish, etc). Try them, you will not regret it.-La bombeta: It is said that they make the best hot pumps in Barcelona.Tip: take cash with you, they do not accept credit card.
-El vaso de oro: Located on carrer Balboa number 6, they offer craft beers and magnificent tapas. *Recommended tapa: Solomillo (very good cow meet)
Nº 3-Half day trip to Sitges
If your stay in Barcelona is more than two days, we recommend going to Sitges to spend a few hours. It’s half an hour by train (from Barcelona Sants station) and it’s definitely worth it.
It is a coastal town with a lot of charm and good atmosphere in the streets.
Walking from the center of Sitges to the port d’aiguadolç bordering the coast is beautiful. The round trip walk is 1.5 hours approx.
Also in the port you can eat very well.
* Recommendation: Eat a rice with lobster in the restaurant “Can Laury” of the port d’Aiguadolç, it is delicious and the place is magnificent with maritime atmosphere very close to the boats of the beautiful port d’Aiguadolç.
Nº 2-Rent a bike and walk along the Barceloneta promenade from Hotel W to the Forum.
If you are going to stay in Barcelona for a long time we advise you to get the Bicing card (Public bicycle renting -47€/year) but if you are only a few days you can rent a bicycle by hour near the Barceloneta (for example at Passeig Joan de Borbó).
Take the tour from Hotel Vela (going up first to the square next to the hotel from where you can see the Mediterranean Sea from above) to the Forum.
You will cross the entire beach of Barceloneta with a lot of atmosphere passing through the lively Port olímpic, following the beach of Bogatell to the “Platja de Llevant” (almost in the forum) and back.
There is a bike path in the entire route. Highly recommended every day of the year.
Nº 1-Go out end enjoy the nightlife of Barcelona according to the area and style that fits you best:
One of the best activities to do in Barcelona at night is to go partying in one of the 4 areas / discos that we recommend. Each one has its own style, choose the one that best fits your taste:
- Barceloneta / Villa Olímpica (Opium, Shoko, Pacha) – Good DJs, they are by the sea and have a terrace. The music is commercial electronic and the atmosphere is good with a lot of tourists.
- Aribau (Bling Bling, Suton) – This area is more crowded by local people, the style is elegant (clothing: shoes and shirt) and the music is commercial electronic and “pachangueo”(Spanish and latino music).
- Razmatazz (Marina area) – If you like the underground / urban environment this is your disco. The dress requirements are less demanding than other clubs. The place is huge with many rooms and styles (Rock, electro commercial, Techno, etc).
- Apollo (poble sec) – Modern, daring atmosphere, no demands on clothing. The music depends on the day you go (Monday – indie and rock, weekend – electronic, etc.)
- Here we leave a map with the location of each party area:
We hope you like what we have advised you to do in Barcelona! And if you book a boat trip with us we will meet in person !!
We leave the link below so you can book:
The Barcelona Sailboats team